We have got great news for all you new Google Nexus S owners, the bootloader has been unlocked with the same method as the Nexus One. Do you remember how to use that method? No worries as we are going to refresh your memory. Just follow the steps below.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Nexus S:
- Make sure your phone is off.
- Hold both the volume + and power button at the same time.
- After a few moments you should be in the stock recovery.
- Assuming you already have the latest Android SDK installed (which can be found here) boot up your terminal/cmd and type “fastboot devices” to make sure your device is recognized.
- Now that your phone has been recognized, type “fastboot oem unlock“.
- Choose to accept, and bam, you’re unlocked.
Now for all you folks out there wondering why you would want your bootloader unlocked, we have an answer for you. You do want to install a custom recovery and custom ROMs in the future right? Well in order to do just that you have to have an unlocked bootloader.